Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nature channel in my backyard....

So, this morning, I was quietly getting ready in the bathroom for work, when Tony yells out from the kitchen, "Come here quick!" I ran in there and saw that there were 4 red foxes playing in our backyard. As if it was the most natural setting for a herd of foxes, and NOT in the middle of the freakin' suburbs! We watched them play and wrestle for at least 20 minutes until they left, and while Tony was convinced that they could hear me snap photographs of them, they didn't seem to mind a bit.

You know, there are times when I complain about living in the suburbs - the lack of non-chain restaurants, the people who drive obnoxiously in gas-guzzlers, the seemingly endless amount of plastic - but every now and then, I am reminded of the reason why I moved back out here. Yes, the suburbs may have been built upon these beautiful foxes land, but damn it, I like having a backyard, especially for these occasions. And let's face it, the suburbs smell a whole lot better than the city.

Here are the pictures I took of our little visitors:




No comments: